Theme for the Unit:
Where We Live!
Enduring understandings that the student should have by the end of the unit:
· Homes are the places where we live.
· Animals and people have many different types of homes.
· Some animals live with people.
· People and animals make homes.
Lessons and activities for the week:
Blocks- Pictures of different types of homes and buildings will be posted in block center and students are invited to build the homes in the pictures or similar homes.
Pretend Play- Students can pretend play is a room in a home and are invited to play in and take care of the room.
Art- Students will be supplied with popsicle sticks in order for them to create a home by gluing sticks onto paper.
Science- Multiple pictures of animals and their homes will be provided in science center for students to match.
Math- Lincoln Logs will be available for students to build homes.
Library- Students are incouraged to look at two non-fiction books about homes and compare and contrast what they see.
Writing/Technology- Weekly learning games on iPads are provided.
Sensory- Sand and water, or play-doh.
Some of the books we will read this week are:
- The Napping House by Audrey Wood
Recommended Home School Connection:
Tuesday – Universal Handwriting Book pages 74 and 75
Wednesday – Universal Handwriting Book pages 76 and 77
Thursday - Universal Handwriting Book pages 78 and 79
Friday – Have a great weekend!
Reminders / Notices:
· School resumes on January 3rd.
· School will be CLOSED on Monday January 16th for Martin Luther King Jr.’s Birthday.
· School is CLOSED on Thursday, January 26th for Teacher Conference Day.
If there are any questions regarding the Pre-K for All program that can not be answered by the office or classroom teacher, please feel free to contact the
Help Line at 888-227-8175