Theme for the month:
Where We Live!
Enduring understandings that the student should have by the end of the unit:
· Homes are the places where we live.
· Animals and people have many different types of homes.
· Some animals live with people.
· People and animals make homes.
Lessons and activities for the week:
Blocks- Pictures of different types of homes and buildings will be posted in block center and students are invited to build the homes in the pictures or similar homes.
Pretend Play- Students can pretend play is a room in a home and are invited to play in and take care of the room.
Art- Students will be supplied with popsicle sticks in order for them to create a home by gluing sticks onto paper.
Science- Multiple pictures of animals and their homes will be provided in science center for students to match.
Math- Lincoln Logs will be available for students to build homes.
Library- Students are incouraged to look at two non-fiction books about homes and compare and contrast what they see.
Writing/Technology- Weekly learning games on iPads are provided.
Sensory- Sand and water, or play-doh.
Some of the books we will read this week are:
• The Three Little Pigs and the Somewhat Bad Wolf by Mark Teague
• Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
Recommended Home School Connection:
Monday - Universal Handwriting Book pages 70 and 71
Tuesday – Universal Handwriting Book pages 72 and 73
Wednesday – HAVE A WONDERFUL VACATION!!
Reminders / Notices:
· Scholastic Book Order is due on December 28th!
· Christmas Break is from December 22nd – January 3rd!
If there are any questions regarding the Pre-K for All program that can not be answered by the office or classroom teacher, please feel free to contact the
Help Line at 888-227-8175