June – Transition to Kindergarten!
For the next 2 weeks, students will explore their feelings about transitioning into Kindergarten. As we discuss this transition, students will share their thoughts on what they will experience during the upcoming school year.
Some of the books we will be reading this week are:
• The Night Before Kindergarten by Natasha Wing
• David Goes to School by David Shannon
• Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson
• Pay Attention, Emily Brown by Linda Burton
Lessons and activities for the theme:
Math – Students will be able to use rulers, the balance, and start to work on simple adding and subtracting problems.
Art – Children will have access to all art materials in order to create a kindergarten classroom.
Blocks – Students will be shown pictures of different classrooms and be able to build what their next classroom might look like.
Pretend Play– Students will take turns being the teacher and creating a kindergarten classroom.
Writing/ iPad- Students will be able to play learning games related to the theme on the iPad.
Library- Students will have access to books about kindergarten.
Science - Students will be able to work with their classmates to complete a science folder game.
Sensory Table - Sand and Water
- School will be CLOSED every Friday in June!
- Pre-K 4 Graduation is Wednesday, June 22nd at 11:00p.m! Children are to come to school at 11:00 on the 22nd.
Recommended Home to School Connection:
Universal Handwriting book:
Monday – Page 47
Tuesday – Page 48
Wednesday – Page 49
Thursday – Have a great weekend!