June – Transition to Kindergarten!
For the next week, students will explore their feelings about transitioning into Kindergarten. As we discuss this transition, students will share their thoughts on what they will experience during the upcoming school year.
Some of the books we will be reading this week are:
• Kindergarten Countdown by Anna Jane Hays
• Adventure Annie Goes to Kindergarten by Toni Buzzeo
• The Pirate of Kindergarten by George Ella Lion
• The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn
Lessons and activities for the theme:
Math – Students will be able to use rulers, the balance, and start to work on simple adding and subtracting problems.
Art – Children will have access to all art materials in order to create a kindergarten classroom.
Blocks – Students will be shown pictures of different classrooms and be able to build what their next classroom might look like.
Pretend Play– Students will take turns being the teacher and creating a kindergarten classroom.
Writing/ iPad- Students will be able to play learning games related to the theme on the iPad.
Library- Students will have access to books about kindergarten.
Science - Students will be able to work with their classmates to complete a science folder game.
Sensory Table - Sand and Water
- School will be CLOSED every Friday in June!
- Pre-K 4 Graduation is Wednesday, June 22nd at 11:00 a.m!
- Children are to come to school at 10:45 a.m. on the 22nd.
Recommended Home to School Connection:
Universal Handwriting book:
Monday – Page 50
Tuesday – Page 51
Wednesday – Page 52
Thursday – Have a great weekend!