for the month:
Goals for student understanding by the end of the unit:
• My classroom and program are safe places where I learn, play and have fun.
• I am an important member of my classroom community; my thoughts, needs, ideas and abilities matter.
• The teachers and other adults at my program keep me safe, care about me and support my learning.
• In my classroom I use materials carefully and make choices about where I work and play.
• Classroom rules and routines help me learn and stay safe.
Lessons and activities for the week:
Blocks- Children are encouraged to use blocks to build buildings they are familiar with such as those they live in or visit often.
Pretend Play- Children are invited to explore the dramatic play area and use the props and clothing provided.
Art- Children are invited to create art in the art area to decorate the dramatic play area, or home. Students can hang their art in the dramatic play area.
Science- Mirrors will be added to the science center for children to explore and discuss what they see.
Math- A picture of each child will be cut apart, thus creating a puzzle. Students are invited to assemble their own puzzles and their peers’ puzzles as well.
Library- Students are able to read books from the classroom library to the puppets that are provided.
Writing/Technology- Weekly learning games on iPads are provided.
Sensory- Sand and water, or play-doh.
Some of the books we will read this week are:
•The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn
•Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson
•Llama Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney
• Please fill out and return all papers given out during parent night.