December Theme – Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!
For the next two weeks, students will be learning about Recycling. We will be discussing the different items that people recycle, what happens to our trash, and why we recycle.
Some of the books we will be reading are:
• Don’t Lose It—Reuse It! by Nancy Noel Williams
• Peter’s Chair by Ezra Jack Keats
• Radio Man by Arthur Dorros
• Hush! A Thai Lullaby by Minfong Ho
• I Stink! By Kate and Jim McMullan
• The Adventures of Gary & Harry by Lisa Matsumoto
Lessons and activities for the theme: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Art – Children will have collage materials such as paper scraps, tinfoil bits, old magazines, newspapers, and cardboard pieces.
Blocks – Students will have paper bags of various sizes and toy garbage trucks.
Pretend Play – Students will transform pretend play into a recycling center.
Writing - Students will be able to draw a picture of what they learned from the classroom read-aloud regarding recycling.
Library - Students will have books about trash, garbage, and recycling.
• Tuesday, December 15th, is our Holiday Show! Parents are welcome to attend the show. Pre-K 4 will be performing “I Have a Little Dreidel”.
• Friday, December 18th, is Pre-K 4’s Holiday Party! We will be having a pizza party and dancing the day away! If you would like to donate a few dollars to the party, it would be GREATLY appreciated.
• School is closed from December 21st to January 4th.
Recommended Home to School Connection:
Universal Handwriting book:
Monday – Page 41
Tuesday – Page 42
Wednesday – Page 43
Thursday – Page 44
Friday - Have a great weekend!