I hope everyone had a happy and healthy Thanksgiving!
December Theme – Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!
For the next three weeks, students will be learning about Recycling. We will be discussing the different items that people recycle, what happens to our trash, and why we recycle.
Some of the books we will be reading are:
• Sam Helps Recycle by Judith Bauer Stamper
• Radio Man by Arthur Dorros
• I Stink! By Kate and Jim McMullan
• The Adventures of Gary & Harry by Lisa Matsumoto
Lessons and activities for the theme: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Art – Children will have collage materials such as paper scraps, tinfoil bits, old magazines, newspapers, and cardboard pieces.
Blocks – Students will have empty boxes of various sizes and toy garbage trucks.
Pretend Play – Students will transform pretend play into a recycling center.
Writing - Students will be able to draw a picture of what they learned from the classroom read-aloud regarding recycling.
Library - Students will have books about trash, garbage, and recycling.
• All UPK teachers will be offsite for a city-wide professional development meeting on Thursday, December 3rd.
Recommended Home to School Connection:
Universal Handwriting book:
Monday – Page 37
Tuesday – Page 38
Wednesday – Page 39
Thursday – Page 40
Friday - Have a great weekend!