October Theme – Clothes
For the next five weeks, students will learn about clothes. We will be discussing how to put on and take off clothes, comparing clothes, and adding clothing details to their drawings.
Some of the books we will be reading are:
•A Pocket for Corduroy by Don Freeman
•Llama Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney
•Goldilocks and the Three Bears by
•The Mitten by Jan Brett
•Button, Button, Who’s Got the Button? by Hajo Bucken
Lessons and activities for the week:
Art – Children will have clothing of different sizes and features.
Math – Students will use cubes to measure different articles of clothes.
Pretend Play– Students will have multiple clothing sets to dress dolls and themselves.
Library – Books on clothing or props from Goldilocks and the Three Bears.
Blocks – Students will have scarves in the block area to carry and cover blocks.
• School is closed on Monday, October 12th.
• Hispanic Heritage Month Presentation on Wednesday, October 14th at 9:00 a.m.
• Halloween Parade on Friday, October 30th. Students may come to school dressed in their Halloween costumes!
• During drop off time in the mornings, it is school policy that parents are to remain outside of the classroom.
• Please return sleeping mats every Monday.
Home to School Connection:
Universal Handwriting book:
Tuesday – Page 13
Wednesday – Page 14
Thursday – Page 15
Friday - Have a great weekend!