Sunday, September 10, 2017

Week of September 11th!

Theme for the month:
Welcome to Pre-K!




Goals for student understanding by the end of the unit: 

• My classroom and program are safe places where I learn, play and have fun. 
• I am an important member of my classroom community; my thoughts, needs, ideas and abilities matter. 
• The teachers and other adults at my program keep me safe, care about me and support my learning. 
• In my classroom I use materials carefully and make choices about where I work and play. 
• Classroom rules and routines help me learn and stay safe.



Lessons and activities for the week: 


Blocks- Children are encouraged to use blocks to build buildings they are familiar with such as those they live in or visit often. 
Pretend Play- Children are invited to explore the dramatic play area and use the props and clothing provided. 
Art- Children are invited to create art in the art area to decorate the dramatic play area, or home. Students can hang their art in the dramatic play area. 
Science- Mirrors will be added to the science center for children to explore and discuss what they see. 
Math- A picture of each child will be cut apart, thus creating a puzzle. Students are invited to assemble their own puzzles and their peers’ puzzles as well. 
Library- Students are able to read books from the classroom library to the puppets that are provided.
Writing/Technology-  Weekly learning games on iPads are provided.  
Sensory- Sand and water, or play-doh.


Some of the books we will read this week are:

• The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn
• Llama Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney


Reminders:

• Please fill out and return all papers given out during parent orientation.








If there are any questions regarding the Pre-K for All program that can not be answered by the office or classroom teacher, please feel free to contact the

Help Line at 888-227-8175

No comments:

Post a Comment