Theme for the Unit:
Enduring understandings that the student should have by the end of the unit:
- Human babies need special food and care.
- Animal babies need special food and care.
- There are similarities and differences in the ways babies are cared for.
- All babies grow.
Lessons and activities for the week:
Blocks- Students are invited to use blocks to create a nursery or place to care for a baby.
Pretend Play- Pretend Play will be turned into a baby nursery. Students will pretend to care for babies by feeding, cleaning, and changing the baby dolls provided.
Art- Students are invited to create their own baby portraits with a variety of art materials.
Science- Students will be able to play a matching game, matching the adult animal to its offspring.
Math- Cutouts of babies of various lengths will be added to the math center. Students will be able to measure each baby and tell which is longest and shortest.
Library- Students are invited to read books about our theme, babies.
Writing/Technology- Weekly learning games on iPads are provided.
Sensory- Sand and water, or play-doh.
Some of the books we will read this week are:
- Peter’s Chair by Ezra Jack Keats
Recommended Home School Connection:
- Math Newsletter
- Families are asked to talk about important milestones in your child’s life and create a timeline that reflects a few of these experiences. Think of two to four noteworthy events in your child’s past such as when they were born, took his/her first steps, or an important family event such as a new home or sibling, etc. You can draw or include pictures on the timeline!
Reminders / Notices:
· Donuts with Dad will be on June 15th, at 8:30a.m.
If there are any questions regarding the Pre-K for All program that can not be answered by the office or classroom teacher, please feel free to contact the
Help Line at 888-227-8175