OLQM is having their annual can drive! Please bring in any canned foods to add to our donation.
Theme for the month:
All About Us!
Enduring understandings that the student should have by the end of the unit:
· I am unique; there is no one who looks, feels, thinks and acts exactly like I do.
· I feel different ways at different times for different reasons.
· I am part of a family and a classroom community.
· My family is important and unique.
· My classroom is a community. All of the people in my class are important and unique.
· I can help make my classroom a fun, safe and exciting place.
Lessons and activities for the week:
Blocks- The student’s name cards will be available in block center. Students are invited to write their names using blocks, discussing the lines in each letter of their name (straight, curved, etc.).
Pretend Play- Children are invited to pretend to be a family. They are encouraged them to cook for each other, eat a meal together, or take care of daily household living.
Art- Various size shapes from construction paper will be cut out and students are invited to use the shapes to create their bodies. After gluing the shapes together, or to a piece of paper, children can use writing utensils to add additional details (hair, patterns on clothes, etc.).
Science- Students are invited to use magnifying glasses to explore fingerprints, skin, hair, etc.
Math- Small figures will be added to the math center. Students can sort and then count the figures and then use them for imaginative play.
Library- Students are incouraged to read a book with a friend. One child could read to the other or they could look at a book together.
Writing/Technology- Weekly learning games on iPads are provided.
Sensory- Sand and water, or play-doh.
Some of the books we will read this week are:
• It’s Okay To Be Different by Todd Parr
• Friendshape by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
Recommended Home School Connection:
Monday- Universal Handwriting Book pages48 and 49
Tuesday – Universal Handwriting Book pages 50 and 51
Wednesday – Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Reminders / Notices:
• Please bring in any cans for our school can drive!
• Dismissal will be at 12:00 noon on Tuesday, November 22nd!
• Parent – Teacher Conferences will be on Tuesday, November 22nd, from 1pm – 7pm.
• School will be closed on Thursday, November 24th and Friday, November 25th for Thanksgiving.
If there are any questions regarding the Pre-K for All program that can not be answered by the office or classroom teacher, please feel free to contact the
Help Line at 888-227-8175