April – The Study of Trees!
For the next 4 weeks, students will learn about trees. As we investigate this topic, we will work together to find the answers to our theme questions. Some of the questions include: What food comes from trees? Who lives in trees? Who takes care of trees?
Some of the books we will be reading this week are:
• The Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle
• Our Tree Named Steve by Alan Zweibel
• Henny Penny by Bonnie Dobbin
• Trees Count by Trish Holland
Lessons and activities for the theme:
Math – Students will have leaves to measure their height.
Art – Children will have access to paint materials, leaves, and pinecones to draw trees and make leaf or pinecone prints.
Blocks – Students will be able to create trees from the different types of blocks in the block center.
Pretend Play– Students will have materials to create a home from trees.
Writing/ iPad- Students will be able to play learning games related to the theme on the iPad.
Library- Students will have access to books about trees.
Science - Students will be able to observe sample tree materials with magnifying glasses.
Sensory Table - Sand and Water
• Wednesday, May 4th is Star Wars Day! Children are invited to come to school dressed as their favorite Star Wars Character!
• Wednesday, May 11th, is our Spring Show! Parents are invited to come watch the children sing a song about spring-time!!
Recommended Home to School Connection:
Universal Handwriting books:
Monday – Page 26
Tuesday – Page 27
Wednesday – Page 28
Thursday – Page 29
Friday - Have a great weekend!